Community Hospice is committed to the concept of hospice as an alternative to traditional health care for terminally ill patients. Hospice services are holistic, comprehensive and multidisciplinary.
Holistic in that the patient, his/her family, and living situation are all considered when the plan of care is determined and implemented.
Comprehensive in that a broad range of services is provided, meeting the physical, spiritual and emotional needs of the patient and his/her family.
- To reduce the suffering, grief and expense experienced by patients with a limited life expectancy for whom cure is no longer a reality
- To help lighten the burdens experienced by the families of these patients
- To help both the public and health care professionals in our area to a more clearly humane approach to death and the care of those whose death from disease is imminent
- To enlist the support and involvement of our employees in the Hospice program as well as volunteers from the community
- To build and maintain a trained and caring multidisciplinary team to carry out this mission